Sarah W. Mueller
The Value of MNSAA Accreditation
- Accreditation is a framework for the best possible educational program for learners.
- Accreditation delivers recognized credibility of the quality of a school program in the eyes of stakeholders and the public.
- Accreditation offers outside objective validation that a school meets high standards and is actively seeking a quality educational program.
- Accreditation assures stakeholders that the school program and organization undergoes an intensive self-evaluation and a review by unaffiliated professional educators.
- Accreditation provides for long-range strategic planning focusing on student achievement and ongoing school improvement.
- Accreditation makes a public statement that the school is willing to be measured against rigorous standards and to engage in long-range strategic planning.
- Accreditation facilitates a process whereby staff communication results in shared commitment to future directions.
- Accreditation highlights the many excellent accomplishments of the school and its students.
- Accreditation offers a network of educational relationships, whereby the exchange of ideas and methods to better meet the needs of students can be developed and shared.
Guiding Principles of Accreditation
- A school is evaluated in terms of standards established by the Association.
- A school is evaluated in terms their own mission and philosophy, recognizing that individual differences exist.
- A school is evaluated on its total identity as an institution of learning. As such, variations will appear in the degree of success achieved.
- A school is evaluated on its curriculum and professional standards which need to be stimulating and conducive to educational growth.
- A school has a guide for continuous self-evaluation and strives constantly toward high goals of achievement.
Benefits & Privileges of Members
- MNSAA accredited schools are recognized by the State of Minnesota and the National Federation of Nonpublic School State Accrediting Associations.
- MNSAA accredited schools have voting rights in Association elections and in determining changes to By-Laws.
- MNSAA accredited schools receive monthly news and notes in the Accredit-Memo containing professional, legal, and policy information and updates.
- MNSAA accredited schools are provided with best educational practice resources.
- MNSAA accredited school are entitled to free registration for training workshops.
- MNSAA accredited schools enjoy valuable professional development at our Annual Conference.
- Much more!