The New Year Brings New Opportunities!
MNSAA is excited to officially announce that our accreditation standards, process and protocols have been approved by the Minnesota Department of Human Services Child Care Assistance Program! This approval illustrates the rigor and quality that our association requires to meet the status of accreditation. DHS advises us that our requirements for preschool accreditation meet or exceed what is required by DHS programming.
Benefit of a MNSAA accredited Preschool:
- Affirmation of best practices in early childhood education
- Higher reimbursement rate from Child Care Assistance Program – up to 15% as an accredited preschool
- Accelerated Pathway to Four-Star Parent Aware Rating in Minnesota
- Full inclusion of Preschool Program into K+ school
- One accrediting agency and one accreditation cycle
Options to accredit your Preschool:
- This opportunity is available to schools going through accreditation renewal this spring may choose to include their preschool. Our 2019 revised standards are now all inclusive to accommodate schools who want to add preschool accreditation.
- Mid-cycle addition of Preschool accreditation will begin in July 2020. Schools choosing this option will be required to file an application that includes a $275 fee. (Applications will be available by June 15, 2020.)
- If your application is approved, you will need to host a focused onsite visit comprised of two team members lasting 2-6 hours to affirm compliance with updated standards.
- Schools will be responsible to reimburse the focus teams’ transportation expenses.
Requirements to be approved:
- Meet or exceed the standards and requirements for MNSAA Accreditation
- Hold and maintain a DHS Childcare Center license
- Annually, provide your school’s most recent copy of DHS inspection report and your school’s response to the DHS inspection
Contact Director Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.758.5985